Soundboard: Charlottesville's news straight from the source.
Each Friday from 4-5 PM, tune in to hear area journalists and guests discuss local news, culture, and community issues in the Charlottesville area. Whether we're talking about city politics, scientific innovations, or the local music scene, you'll get to hear in-depth discussion about stories that matter.
Soundboard is co-hosted by WTJU's Lewis Reining and Charlottesville Tomorrow's Jennifer Marley.
Listen using player above or download the podcast: Download 20120420-Soundboard
The April 20 show features contributors Graelyn Brashear & Laura Ingles (from C-Ville Weekly) and Brian Wheeler, Sean Tubbs & Courtney Beale (Charlottesville Tomorrow) discussing:
- a new hotel on West Main
- an update on the city and county comprehensive plans
- guest Todd Warner on the treatment of minorities in the juvenile justice system
- an update on the re-development of the Martha Jefferson Hospital site in Charlottesville
- the new lawsuit regarding the water plan
- guest Andrew Ferguson a science fiction-loving UVA grad student working to find and preserve writings of an obscure science fiction writer, R.A. Lafferty
Soundboard is produced by Susan Gravatt and Nathan Moore. We hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to your feedback!