Candidate Interview - Ann Mallek
As part of Charlottesville Tomorrow's coverage of the 2007 local elections for City Council and the Board of Supervisors, we have interviewed each candidate to discuss topics related to land use, transportation, and community design issues.
Excerpts from these interviews will be included in our upcoming non-partisan 2007 Voter Guide which will be mailed to each household with one of these races on the ballot. In the meantime, we are publishing the complete audio recordings and transcripts of our interviews. Visit Charlottesville Tomorrow's Election Watch 2007 website for even more detailed information on the candidates including, bios, campaign finance reports, other videos and podcasts, and the schedule of upcoming candidate forums.
Listen using player above or download the podcast:
- 1:33 -- Past experiences and qualifications.
- 4:21 -- Views on the community water supply plan.
- 5:43 -- Financial impact on ratepayers to update and expand water and sewer facilities.
- 7:53 -- Opinion on rural area phasing proposals.
- 9:07 -- Specific strategies for protecting Albemarle's rural countryside.
- 13:03 -- Views on proposals to expand the County's designated growth areas.
- 13:34 -- How would you define quality growth for our community?
- 14:48 -- Transportation priorities for the Route 29 North corridor.
- 16:46 -- Views on working more closely with the City and University of Virginia to jointly operate a regional transit system.
- 18:26 -- Views on bond referendums and cash proffers to ensure community infrastructure is built in the County's growth areas.
- 21:50 -- Views on improving the budget process, our allocation of tax dollars, and the funding of new strategic initiatives.
- 25:02 -- Top priority for action by Board of Supervisors.
- 26:03 -- Do you believe Biscuit Run will be quality growth for our community?
- 28:51 -- What steps will you take to ensure priority transportation projects are actually funded and completed in a reasonable timeframe?
- 30:53 -- Views on creating genuine public participation in growth and development decisions.
- 37:13 -- Lessons learned from the Crozet Master Plan and application of those lessons towards the Pantops and Places29 Master Plans.
- 40:23 -- Primary responsibilities of the Board of Supervisors.
Kendall Singleton and Sean Tubbs
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Candidate Interview - Ann Mallek: